Present – Michael Abraham, Prince Charles Alexander, Dennis Cecere, Peggy Codding, Beth Denisch, Marti Epstein, Rich Grudzinski, Jonathan Holland, Jeff Perry, Wendy Rolfe, Jackson Schultz, Will Silvio, Jeri Sykes. Guest - Mike Scott.
- Rich made a motion to accept the minutes from the previous meeting. Peter seconded and the vote was unanimous to accept the minutes.
- E-mailing contracts – they have gone out. Most faculty did not receive any increase beyond the contractual 2.5%.
- Life Insurance for dependents policy change – Monday 2 pm bargaining session. We will also meet with the graduate studies MOU group from 1-2 with our lawyer. The committee has met several times and there have not been many decisions made.
- Paychex is taking over payroll and Celia Petrillo is taking over as bookkeeper due to our current bookkeeper/CPA being too ill to continue as our bookkeeper.
- Wendy reported on the AFT national convention in Baltimore several weeks ago. She attended several sessions on part-time issues and on-line learning. Part-time issues can be communicated and brought to the front page with press, web, etc. How can we get support throughout the college? Alumni? Perhaps we can get additional office help to get the word out, etc. social media guru? Focus on part-time faculty member of the week, etc. Bio? Video? Audio? All things are possible.
- Some of our part-time faculty travel from out of town, NYC, etc. to teach here – what about housing through Berklee? Any options or support from the college.
- Roger Brown is setting up a meeting with the Board of Trustees for Jackson and perhaps the entire UEC. We want to let them know who we are and how we can help get Berklee more faculty and student oriented.
- Vision 2025 meeting Tuesday – Dave Mash and Larry Simpson. Perhaps Business majors don’t need to play an instrument … As long as we are giving a Bachelor of Music degree, the answer is YES they do!