Present – Michael Abraham, Dennis Cecere, Peter Cokkinias, Peggy Codding,Beth Denisch, Rich Grudzinski, Jonathan Holland, Jeff Perry, Wendy Rolfe, Jackson Schultz, and Will Silvio.
- Jonathan made a motion to accept the minutes from the previous meeting. Rich seconded and the vote was unanimous to accept the minutes.
- The topic of the MOU meetings was discussed. Minutes are being taken at the meetings and need to be reviewed and approved by both parties before becoming official. We also discussed timelines for the committees and if the work is not done the MOU groups will continue. The Master’s Studies workgroup was discussed at length.
- Jeff brought up making a donation to the Boston Fire Department in response to yesterdays tragedy resulting in the loss of two firefighters from the firehouse in our neighborhood. Jeff will research and we will discuss next week.
- Life Insurance policy changes were discussed. The spouse and child coverage has changed with better benefits but at a much higher cost to the faculty member. They did not discuss this with the union before making this change. This is a negotiable topic; we have discussed it in past bargains and included part time faculty. We will be bringing this up with management, perhaps an unfair labor charge or a grievance?
- Gender, Years of Service, Age, and Ethnicity analysis needs to be done to see if there are any inequities or discrimination at the college. We will be looking at hiring an outside consultant. Numbers can be looked at from many different angles. Peggy and Wendy will start a discussion and we will continue this topic in the coming weeks.
- We discussed ivory and precious woods in instruments and international travel; there is a growing concern about confiscating instruments at airports, we will share info with our members.