February 20, 2014
Present – Marti Epstein, Rich Grudzinski, Teodros Kiros, Jeff Perry, David Scott,Jeri Sykes, Jackson Schultz, and Will Silvio.
- Rich made a motion to accept the minutes from the previous meeting. Jeri seconded and the vote was unanimous to accept the minutes.
- Jackson opened the meeting. Two MOU groups are meeting today: Grad Studies and Benefits.
- There will be a meeting on faculty evaluations next Friday hosted by Camille. Marti and Jeff will be attending.
- Jackson had lunch with Larry to continue the dialogue about all faculty issues.
- A rough draft of our Vision for 2025 has been completed by Wendy and Beth, it’s a fantastic start and we will present the final version to Roger on March 6thwhen he comes to our union / management meeting.
- We discussed distance learning during snow days. A lot of miss-information, we are not obligated to teach while the college is closed. Some chairs have put pressure on faculty to Skype lessons during snow days; this is not appropriate and not required. The left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.
- We discussed technology issues in the classroom, they want us to adjust how we teach to use technology and yet nothing works in the classrooms!!
- Four new FT positions have been posted as conversions with specific duties and areas – Music Therapy, Voice, Piano, Songwriting & Ensemble (with the position located in the Songwriting Dept.) We discussed the new conversion process.
- As our older faculty retire, is there a plan for Berklee to honor and catalog their knowledge and tradition?