Present – Prince Charles Alexander, Dennis Cecere, Peggy Codding, Peter Cokkinias, Beth Denisch, Marti Epstein, Rich Grudzinski, Danny Harrington, Jonathan Holland, Teodros Kiros, Jeff Perry, Wendy Rolfe, Jackson Schultz, Will Silvio and Jeri Sykes.
- Danny made a motion to accept the minutes as amended from the previous meeting. Jonathan seconded and the vote was unanimous to accept the minutes.
- Master’s Program on Boston Campus. Peggy has information regarding Florida State University and their weighting of a Master’s Program both by contact hours and office hours. Many other colleges throughout the nation have adopted their approach. Peter contacted BU, BoCo, NYU, and Longy, looked at their programs and how they have put them together and he shared that information. We will be collating all info provided by both Peggy and Peter in preparation for our meetings with management.
One major difference in comparison with other colleges, our courses are often twcredits whereas at other institutions the same courses are three, which equals an excessive workload for our faculty. We need to address this as we go forward with the Master’s Program.
- We discussed tuition reimbursement and the graduate program; the college may want our faculty to get terminal degrees and the college should pay for our faculty to complete them.
- We discussed the sexual assault policy. HR has put together a new document that we will be reviewing.
- Jackson will be fulfilling the Ice-Bucket Challenge by Roger Brown on Wednesday 10/08/14 at 2:30 pm in front of 1140.