Present – Michael Abraham, Prince Charles Alexander, Dennis Cecere, Beth Denisch, Marti Epstein, Danny Harrington, Jonathan Holland, Teodros Kiros,Jeff Perry, Wendy Rolfe, Jackson Schultz, David Scott, Will Silvio and Jeri Sykes.
- Marti made a motion to accept the minutes from the previous meeting. Peter seconded and the vote was unanimous to accept the minutes.
- We discussed “The Advocate” union paper: they are seeking articles.
- We discussed the demand to bargain over the Masters Program starting on campus fall of 2015. There is still no response from management; we may file an Unfair Labor charge if they don’t respond in a timely manner. Many topics to cover: weighting, hours, office hours, teaching assistants, who will teach, etc. Jackson will ask for information regarding the Valencia program and their model. Beth, Peggy, Jonathan, Jackson, Wendy, and Marti will set-up an additional meeting to discuss these topics.
- We discussed our website and the visibility or lack of, maybe a Facebook page? Looking forward to the next bargain and communication with faculty. Maybe we hire a social media guru to assist in the creation of the pages with perhaps a Newsletter attached to increase our visibility and getting our message out. Michael Johnson made a presentation at BTOT regarding social media; we will try and bring him in to discuss options. We need to get someone to handle a Newsletter as well.
- The UEC has been invited to address the Board of Trustees at their December meeting; we will organize a strong presentation.
- Roger has issued an Ice Bucket Challenge to Jackson. Danny is going to be in charge of setting this up Wednesday at 1:00 pm in front of 1140.