Minutes from Union Executive Committee Meeting

Present – Dennis Cecere, Peggy Codding, Peter Cokkinias, Beth Denisch, Marti Epstein, Rich Grudzinski, Danny Harrington, Jonathan Holland, Teodros Kiros, Jeff Perry, Wendy Rolfe, Jackson Schultz, Will Silvio. 

  1. Jonathan made a motion to accept the minutes from the previous meeting. Rich seconded and the vote was unanimous to accept the minutes.
  2. We discussed the survey for on-line teaching that we will be sending out to all faculty teaching on-line at Berklee.
  3. The all-faculty meeting has been pushed back to November 29 due to a conflict with the state of the college meeting on November 15. We will discuss the spring elections, stipends, and the financial state of the union.
  4. We discussed the possibility of inviting Roger Brown and the Board of Trustees to a meeting. We would like them to see that we have the same interests in mind. We need to put the human face of the Union out there. Communication will prevent issues from getting out of hand and we need to open the door with the Board to start the process.
  5. NEASC Town Hall meetings are next week, various sub-committees will be reporting to the college about their contributions to the report. Next spring the NEASC committee will be meeting with the UEC.
  6. Human Resources Policy Committee meeting – an e-mail went out soliciting staff and administration but not faculty to participate. Why are faculty being omitted? We will call HR and see if we can get involved. Peggy, Wendy, and Peter would be interested in participating.
  7. Jeff passed out the proposed budget. We discussed possible changes to our structure in regards to our four Division Reps; we now only have three divisions. Performance Division is the largest, perhaps they should get an additional rep. Stipends have not changed since 2003 while our faculty has increased exponentially along with the responsibilities of the Executive Committee. We discussed potential increases to the stipends.