Present – Michael Abraham, Prince Charles Alexander, Dennis Cecere, Epstein, Danny Harrington, Margaret McAllister, Jeff Perry, Stephanie Reich, Wendy Rolfe, Jackson Schultz, David Scott, Will Silvio and Jeri Sykes.
- Danny made a motion to accept the minutes from the previous meeting. Marti seconded and the vote was unanimous to accept the minutes.
- We discussed the by-laws. Marti made a motion to approve the revised Constitution and By-Laws, Dennis seconded and the vote was unanimous.
- We discussed the Steve Kirby situation – both the Canadian Steve Kirby and the current Steven Kirby – our esteemed colleague. There will be an article coming out about the concept of mistaken identity in the Globe shortly.
- The student rally was discussed at length. The students did not hold back.
- Jackson is working on setting up a meeting with the board of trustees. Roger has suggested we meet with the Executive Committee of the Board and that may be a better way to get the ball rolling. We all agreed this is a good idea.
- Can we build on the faculty energy and unify with a positive statement? Perhaps a way to keep things moving forward. We did send out a positive letter last week and it erupted into an e-mail blizzard. We discussed the idea of creating a forum for faculty to discuss ideas that are pertinent to them.
- The ratification meeting tonight was discussed. We discussed creating an activist team and having people sign up tonight.
- The concept of a 10-minute meeting outside of department meetings was discussed to engage faculty on topics that are important to them, just to quickly go over things.
- We discussed the concept of getting more faculty reps and other faculty to learn the contract – perhaps a session at BTOT.