Present – Michael Abraham, Prince Charles Alexander, Dennis Cecere, Peggy Codding, Marti Epstein, Rich Grudzinski, Margaret McAllister, Jeff Perry, Jackson Schultz, David Scott, Will Silvio and Jeri Sykes. Guest – Rene Pfister
- Marti made a motion to accept the minutes from the previous meeting. Jeri seconded and the vote was unanimous to accept the minutes.
- Rene Pfister is here to discuss the merger and the NEASC team. He was present at the most recent meeting due to his role with Musical Theatre. NEASC mentioned that this merger is a good example of how it should be done. Communication could be better, however, in regards to faculty transitioning.
- Delegates for AFT-MA were discussed. We can send up to 14: Jeff, Will, Jackson, Danny, Dennis, Marti, David (Sat. only), Peggy (Sat. only), Jeri (Sat. only), maybe—Rich, PC, Michael. April 28 and 29 in Burlington, MA.
- Will—Election, April 4 nominations meeting; we are putting together a group of non-Executive Committee members to work with AAA to set-up all details. The election will be in late April.
- The administration is delaying voluntary recognition for BoCo. We are looking into taking action.
- Marti—workload for president is getting high. What about getting 4 people to cover one hour each week to answer questions in the office to reduce his workload and to help other members of the EC get involved and more well known? Marti is spearheading the project.
- We discussed benefits like long-term care, cobra, and specifics. We will look further into this soon with Phil Lima.
- Committees—the bargain proposals are done, just need to organize and put in order. Grad committee—has met and looking at all the issues: weighting, workload, etc.
- We discussed student evaluations and how we can change in bargaining this summer.