Present – Michael Abraham, Prince Charles Alexander, Dennis Cecere, Peggy Codding, Peter Cokkinias, Marti Epstein, Danny Harrington, Margaret McAllister, Jeff Perry, Stephanie Reich, Wendy Rolfe, Tom Stein, Jackson Schultz, David Scott, Will Silvio and Jeri Sykes.
- Jackson opened the meeting. We have a full agenda so far this semester. We are working two grievances. One has been resolved for the most part. The other is in process – it is regarding the lower population at the college. There are many faculty losing classes and Jackson will be reaching out to the Deans and perhaps Chairs today or tomorrow. Our thought process is that full-timers should lose classes first and not hurt the part-timers, PT 3-year contract should get hours first.
- Windows were installed in private lesson studios throughout the college. The solution could be Venetian blinds or drapes for varying degrees of visibility. Some students and faculty find it very distracting to have people look in on their private lessons, and some students feel self-conscious. Security in regards to instruments in the room or active shooter scenario is an issue. Currently, there is no security officer in 7 Haviland; this needs to change.
- We are meeting with management February 5 to discuss the harassment language in the contract.
- We discussed the BoCo reps that we want to bring on the committee. We are working on checking with three faculty that worked on the bargain last summer.
- Danny is working on setting up a meeting on sexual harassment on campus – a three-hour meeting open to faculty, staff, and students. More details will follow regarding time and location.