Present – Michael Abraham, Prince Charles Alexander,Dennis Cecere, Peggy Codding, Peter Cokkinias, Danny Harrington, Helen Lewis, Margaret McAllister, Jeff Perry, Stephanie Reich, Wendy Rolfe, Jackson Schultz, David Scott, Elizabeth Seitz, Will Silvio, Denise Pons, and Jeri Sykes. ETUDE group.
- Danny made a motion to accept the minutes from the previous meeting. Denise seconded and the vote was unanimous to accept the minutes.
- We are working on the survey for the chairs and deans. We will have it up and running this week.
- We discussed a faculty benefits situation at length; Jackson will talk with Roger this week to try and resolve.
- Danny discussed the conference in NYC this past week that he, Jackson, and David attended.
- The ETUDE group made a presentation on their history and their focus at the college educating faculty on diversity and inclusion and best practice teaching methods: Enhancing Teaching through Understanding Diversity and Equity. There is an Equity Partner program as well – faculty can become equity partners by attending sessions moderated by ETUDE. Currently, part-time faculty are not paid for the sessions but we will be working on this with management.