Present – Rick Applin, Charles Cassara, Peggy Codding, Peter Cokkinias, Beth Denisch, Marti Epstein, Rich Grudzinski, Jonathan Holland, Jeff Perry, Diane Richardson, Wendy Rolfe, Jackson Schultz, Mike Scott, Will Silvio, and Department Reps.
- Marti made a motion to accept the minutes from the previous meeting and update the website. Jonathan seconded and the vote was unanimous to accept the minutes.
- Mike discussed the new role of the Department Reps: when faculty have questions, we want the department reps to try and address them. We are trying to de-centralize and disseminate information for all faculty. The faculty members know the dept. reps.; they don’t always know the Executive Committee.
- For salary questions, Rich Vigdor is the person to contact; for all benefits questions, contact HR; for all individual contract information, contact Juliana Horton. We have grown from 138 faculty to 525 since the Union started back in 1986.
- Jackson discussed the new role, get a copy of the contract, read it, look up information. The concepts in the FAQ, talking points, etc. are for the reps to get more familiar with their new role. Ask your chair if you can make an announcement in your department meeting to let the people know who you are and what you can do. The intent is to personalize the union and the information.
- Mike continued to discuss the importance of the reps and their expanded role. Make sure you have a copy of the contract to look things up, etc.
- Can we put together a list of names, extensions, of people to contact for each situation? We will put together a family tree of dept. reps. and share that this summer and we can expand on that to include some of that information.
- Mike went over the FAQ and addressed the importance of being affiliated with AFT and AFT-MA. Mike will be sending out an e-mail to share this information.