Present – Michael Abraham, Prince Charles Alexander, Rick Applin, Dennis Cecere, Peggy Codding, Peter Cokkinias, Beth Denisch, Rich Grudzinski, Danny Harrington, Jonathan Holland, Teodross Kinos, Jeff Perry, Diane Richardson, Wendy Rolfe, Jackson Schultz, Will Silvio.
Guests - Michael Bijan and Charles Cassara.
- Jackson opened the meeting; we went around the room and introduced ourselves. We discussed the new members and the role of the department reps. We need to change the current culture of faculty regarding how they need to address their issues, this is no longer a one-man shop, but grievances will still go through the president and the grievance officer.
- Stipends – the new secretary/treasurer and president have requested that instead of a lump sum at the end of the year, they are paid monthly or bi-weekly. We discussed. Danny made a motion to accept the bi-weekly pay schedule for the new positions. Rick seconded and the vote was unanimous.
- Union/Management meeting is coming up, e-mail ideas to Will. One possible topic is the ADA accessibility to the 150 building. The college is currently out of compliance and is more interested in building a new 94 million dollar building at 168. Another issue is the construction vehicles parking in the handicap only parking. We worked hard to get four spots around 150. We should have management invite the appropriate individuals to come to our meeting next month.
- Jeff brought up the concept of a Budget Committee to discuss the Union finances: Danny, Jonathan, Peggy, Jackson, and Jeff are interested in being on the committee.
- Communication with the rest of college. Jonathan brought up ways in which we can send e-mails. Rich is the postmaster of the BAFT e-mail, perhaps we can use that avenue. Jonathan brought up the BCC concept, so not all the e-mail addresses are shown. If a reply is to come from one person, it will come from Jackson or his designee. Rick brought up that it is not always a bad thing to have the “voice of the people.”
- We discussed the folding in of the Technology Division into the Writing Division, now only three divisions and three deans. There are currently eight searches for chairs. Change is coming around the college.