Present –Michael Abraham, Prince Charles Alexander, Dennis Cecere, Peter Cokkinias, Beth Denisch, Rich Grudzinski, Danny Harrington, Teodros Kiros, Jeff Perry, Wendy Rolfe, Jackson Schultz, David Scott, Will Silvio.
- Danny made a motion to accept the minutes from the previous meeting. Peter seconded and the vote was unanimous to accept the minutes.
- Jackson updated us on a recent grievance regarding an unsatisfactory performance review. The chair has not followed the contract protocol; the faculty member was not evaluated on teaching, advising, and service, only on his teaching. We are considering taking this to arbitration. We discussed faculty evaluation procedures throughout the college and the fact that each department is handling them differently.
- We discussed the information request for sabbaticals for the past 10 years.
- Beth, Rich, and Danny are going to the conference in San Diego.
- Chris Connors has requested volunteers for the sexual harassment training throughout the college. Danny, Beth, Dennis, Peter, and Wendy are interested in participating.
- We discussed inappropriate behavior by students in class and the procedures to communicate through Angela Davis and Larry Bethune. We will discuss at the next Union/Management meeting.
- Department Reps – we need additional reps in Film Scoring, Liberal Arts, Guitar Department, MP&E, EPD, Percussion, Music Therapy, Voice Department, and Professional Music. We want to schedule a meeting for the 28th.
- At the next meeting we will discuss the master’s program and the NEASC self study.