Present – Michael Abraham, Prince Charles Alexander, Dennis Cecere, Peggy Codding, Beth Denisch, Rich Grudzinski, Danny Harrington, Jonathan Holland, Teodros Kiros, Jeff Perry, Wendy Rolfe, Jackson Schultz, David Scott, Will Silvio.
- Danny made a motion to accept the minutes from the previous meeting as revised. Rich seconded and the vote was unanimous to accept the minutes.
- Dennis has agreed to do the statistics of our current faculty salaries in regard to rank, gender, and ethnicity.
- Update on grievance – the college pays for short term disability, the insurance company pays for long term disability, the college has agreed to give the faculty member a special leave for the remainder of the semester.
- Department Rep meeting has been moved to March 28, 2013. We will be discussing the upcoming election and bargain this summer.
- Election – all information will be sent to faculty before March 25 (we will use a mailing house for the mailing), nomination meeting will be April 4, the election will take place April 23-25, location TBA, perhaps in 150 lobby or in 1140 (Steve Heck Room). We will need six faculty to assist Neil Olmstead and Dennis LeClaire: two from each division, Jackson will get two from Pro Writing, Dennis will get two from Performance, Peggy will get two from Professional Education.
- We discussed the possibility of getting an outside lawyer to assist us with our discussions on Intellectual Property Rights as we prepare for the bargain.
- Union/Management meeting next week. On-line courses, possible invites for key players in Berkleemusic: Debbie Cavalier and Carin Nuernberg, and key players for the on-campus on-line courses, Jay Barnes, Sue Lindsay, and Dave Mash.
- We discussed the coming soon Master’s Program here in Boston, weighting for teaching and advising. NASM is the standard to follow, what standards will Berklee be following? We need to do more research on Master’s Program’s as we prepare for the upcoming bargain. Jackson will set up a meeting with Camille to discuss the grad program, with Peggy, Beth, Marti, Wendy, Danny, and Jonathan will be involved in discussions.