Present – Michael Abraham, Dennis Cecere, Peggy Codding, Peter Cokkinias, Beth Denisch, Marti Epstein, Rich Grudzinski, Jonathan Holland, Teodros Kiros,Jeff Perry, Wendy Rolfe, Jackson Schultz, and Jeri Sykes.
Management – Larry Simpson, Jay Kennedy, Bill Whitney, Kari Juusela, Matt Marvuglio, Darla Hanley, Jeanine Cowan, Phil Lima, Chris Connors, Camille Colatosti, Carin Nurenburg, Nikki Kirk and Steve Taddonio.
- Larry opened the meeting. We have opened 160 but we still have space challenges. We will continue to look at all the space available at the college.
- Full Time Faculty with Defined Benefit Plans and Survivor Benefit Considerations, Phil Lima. We need to raise awareness regarding faculty involved in the program that pass before retirement. Surviving spouse? If no, no benefit payable. If yes, and 55, then a reduced annuity will be paid to the spouse. The challenge is to make sure this information is available to all faculty.
- Part Time Faculty-Group A Medical Deductions, Phil Lima. A few part-time faculty members are not making enough to pay for their health insurance, due to their larger rates for double and family plans. HR and Payroll are looking at other options for payment.
- Berklee Emergency Guide app, Steve Taddonio made a presentation on the app and the use here at Berklee. We need to connect with all students including our visually impaired students.
- Just to put on the radar – crossing Mass Ave. is an issue; let’s think about options.