Present – Prince Charles Alexander, Dennis Cecere, Marti Epstein, Rich Grudzinski, Danny Harrington, Jeff Perry, Jackson Schultz, Will Silvio and Jeri Sykes. Guest: Teodros Kiros
1. Danny made a motion to accept the minutes from the previous meeting. Jeri seconded and the vote was unanimous to accept the minutes.
2. Meeting 9/24 with Jackson, Haidee, Sr.VP of AA, and the college’s lawyer regarding new Title IX document that the college has put together as a catch all for faculty, staff, and admin. Many changes have been implemented as a result of our efforts. The new document will be ready for our review soon.
Part 2 of the meeting was about the prospective merger with BoCo. The college has not really looked at all the costs yet. It will be up to us to sort things out – very similar to their approach to the Grad Program bargaining. We discussed the merger at length including Musical Theatre at Berklee and how it may or may not be affected by the merger.
2. We would like to set-up a town meeting for faculty on the merger.
3. Newsletter – we are going to put together a newsletter for the fall that will highlight some of these very important topics.
4. We will be setting up a chair review for faculty to review their chair.
5. We discussed the on-line teaching report from the MOU study group.
6. Jeff discussed the budget and our upcoming audit.