Present – Prince Charles Alexander, Dennis Cecere, Peggy Codding, Peter Cokkinias, Marti Epstein, Dino Govoni, Rich Grudzinski, Margaret McAllister, Jeff Perry, Wendy Rolfe, Jackson Schultz, David Scott, Will Silvio and Jeri Sykes.
- Marti made a motion to accept the minutes from the previous meeting. Peggy seconded and the vote was unanimous to accept the minutes.
- We discussed financial assistance for the Rick Applin Memorial concert. $1300 is needed to pay the non-Berklee musicians to travel and perform at the concert. Rich made a motion to pay $1300 for financial and travel assistance for the performers, Peter seconded, and the vote was unanimous.
- Department meeting attendance is on hold due to Sr.VP/AA opposing the Union attending any department meetings. We will have a full faculty meeting once the audit is completed and budget is ready to present and will address the upcoming bargain in summer of 2016, BoCo merger, and all other faculty issues.
- We discussed the Union budget and the upcoming bargain in summer of 2016.
- David Scott discussed the Twitter account – we are in the process of increasing the visibility of our Union. We will discuss this with the AFT communications plan. Jackson will communicate with faculty about our Facebook and Twitter pages. We will keep this topic alive in each meeting going forward.
- We discussed the class cancelation procedures and the contractual obligations of our faculty. Also complicating the issue is the new Massachusetts sick time referendum that passed last year.