Present – Michael Abraham, Prince Charles Alexander, Dennis Cecere, Peter Cokkinias, Marti Epstein, Rich Grudzinski, Danny Harrington, Jonathan Holland, Teodros Kiros, Jeff Perry, David Scott, and Jeri Sykes.
- Marti made a motion to accept the minutes from the previous meeting. Rich seconded and the vote was unanimous to accept the minutes.
- Jackson is not present, his mother-in-law passed away. Danny is running the show.
- We would like to use on-line voting for our next election. We will try this as an experiment and use AAA for an on-line ratification of the contract. The cost is $1200. Peter made a motion to approve the payment, Jeri seconded, and the vote passed unanimously.
- A faculty member was under scrutiny regarding a student and their interaction. It was falling under harassment and borderline sexual harassment. This has been resolved with the faculty member being suspended for a week and losing a week’s pay but not being fired. There will be check-ins with the chair and the dean, etc. We may proceed with the legal process but only if the faculty member wants to push.
- We should set-up a meeting with the Executive Committee regarding the harassment policies and the “Creating a Safe and Welcoming Classroom for All” presentation.
- Peter moved that we adjourn, Jonathan seconded, and vote was unanimous to adjourn.