Present – Michael Abraham, Dennis Cecere, Peggy Codding, Beth Denisch, Marti Epstein, Rich Grudzinski, Jonathan Holland, Jeff Perry, Wendy Rolfe, Jackson Schultz, David Scott, Jeri Sykes, and Will Silvio.
1. Danny made a motion to accept the minutes from the previous meeting. Marti seconded and the vote was unanimous to accept the minutes.
2. Today’s meeting will be a discussion on the bargain and the response from faculty.
3. We have two faculty members that were not paid for project bands on the 4th of July as they should have been, based on the fact that everyone is part-time in the summer. We may file a grievance based on the new timeline of Sept. 10, a response from the Director of Payroll.
4. Tufts plan is not covering the same as BCBS, we have to discuss options with management as we move forward.
5. There are several groups that will be created as apart of our MOUs. We will be looking for a good representation from the executive committee
- Ethics Point
- Graduate Studies
- Workplace Discrimination and Sexual Harassment
- On-line Studies Group
- 50-minute Hour
6. Proofreading team, Marti, Jeff, Peter, Jonathan, Wendy, Beth, Peggy, Dennis, Jackson, and Will, our lawyers Jeff and Haidee will also be there.
7. Ratification meeting – Jackson will read some of the proposals that management refused to even listen to. AAA can do the ratification vote on-line and we may use this as a test for an on-line election in two years. We will try to set-up the meeting for Thursday Sept. 26.