Present – Michael Abraham, Prince Charles Alexander, Dennis Cecere, Beth Denisch, Marti Epstein, Rich Grudzinski, Jonathan Holland, Teodros Kiros, Jeff Perry, Jackson Schultz, David Scott, Will Silvio.
- Marti made a motion to accept the minutes from the previous meeting. Beth seconded and the vote was unanimous to accept the minutes.
- We discussed the working conditions for part-time faculty in the Liberal Arts department.
- One goal of the upcoming bargain is to make the process of conversions more transparent – no one really knows the current process.
- We discussed equitable pay throughout the college. Salary compression, adjustments should be made.
- We discussed the upcoming bargain; we begin June 3.
- The college has to notify faculty of conversions and salary negotiations by May 1. This has not happened. We hope to solve this issue cordially instead of filing a grievance.
- Faculty member that has health issues has not been given any courses in the fall even though he is able to teach and be active at Berklee. This is discrimination – we will be speaking to our lawyer and dealing with this issue promptly!
- We discussed the ULP at the NLRB. The briefs from the lawyers are due June 14 then the judge can take up to six months to make a decision.
- We will set up pre-bargaining meetings very soon.