Present – Michael Abraham, Prince Charles Alexander, Dennis Cecere, Peggy Codding, Peter Cokkinias, Beth Denisch, Marti Epstein, Rich Grudzinski, Danny Harrington, Jonathan Holland, Teodros Kiros, Jeff Perry, Wendy Rolfe, Jackson Schultz, David Scott, Will Silvio.
- Danny made a motion to accept the minutes from the previous meetings as amended. Rich seconded and the vote was unanimous to accept the minutes.
- UEC introductions, the bargain will be happening this summer, major topics include: wages, working conditions, intellectual property rights, and the master’s program. We will also solicit faculty for other topics for representation, we don’t want a top down approach similar to that of the current Berklee management – this is your Union.
- We have two ULPs currently in process with the National Labor Relations Board. The department reps will be helping gather and disseminate information throughout the college. We need to have an avenue to communicate with faculty throughout the college outside of Berklee e-mail.
- Elections in April, Rick Applin will be stepping down as Councilor at Large, the rest of the Executive Committee will be running. In a bargain year it is of vital importance that we get out the vote, we need to show the administration that we are united as a faculty. This is the time to show solidarity.
- We discussed the upcoming bargain and topics that we will be bringing to the table: faculty reported that Valencia working conditions are very similar to the pre-union days, intellectual property rights on-line, no faculty space in the new 160 building, Berkleemusic faculty have not received a raise since 2007, there are a lot of issues with Berkleemusic that we can try and address, faculty issues are not on management’s radar.
- David Scott passed out a survey for Performance faculty. We will be gathering information first from the Dept. Reps. and eventually all performance faculty.
- Delegates for AFT-MA: Jackson, Jeff, Danny, Rich, Marti, and Peter. Danny made a motion to accept the delegates for the convention. Rich seconded and the vote was unanimous to accept the delegates.