Present – Michael Abraham, Prince Charles Alexander, Dennis Cecere, Peggy Codding, Peter Cokkinias, Beth Denisch, Marti Epstein, Rich Grudzinski, Danny Harrington, Jeff Perry, Diane Richardson, Wendy Rolfe, Jackson Schultz, Will Silvio.
- Jackson opened the meeting. Friday is the AFT conference in Quincy, MA. Danny, Beth, Wendy, Peter, and Jeff will be attending.
- Jackson recognized Will as a very important component to the transition from Mike to Jackson.
- A faculty member has lost their 3-year contract due to being two tenths of an hour short. We are going to discuss the specifics later today.
- Larry Simpson and the Deans have signed off on a chair evaluation process to begin. We will be sending out information to faculty ASAP.
- Next week is the final Union/Management meeting. After that meeting, Jackson and our lawyer will be meeting with Larry Simpson and Chris Connors about possible CORI checks for faculty teaching in the 5-Week program.
- An air sampling of the Professional Writing Center was done, spearheaded by John Eldert and Kari Juusela. The air has come back clean with an asterisk next to the water, Jackson is checking on the meaning of the asterisk next to the water. Air filters are being changed.
- Our final meeting of the year will be during finals week with a catered lunch.
- We discussed class cancellation policy for fall and the audition process for new students in June. We will discuss next week at the Union/Management meeting.
- Danny made a motion to donate $1000 to Dana Farber/Brigham and Women’s Cancer Center, Rich seconded and the vote passed with one abstention. Jeff will be researching similar donations for John McGann and Paul Wagner, either to an institution or to their families directly.