Present – Michael Abraham, Prince Charles Alexander, Dennis Cecere, Peter Cokkinias, Beth Denisch, Marti Epstein, Rich Grudzinski, Teodros Kiros, Jeff Perry, Diane Richardson, Wendy Rolfe, Jackson Schultz, Will Silvio.
Guest: Mike Scott
- Dennis made a motion to accept the minutes from the previous meeting. Peter seconded and the vote was unanimous to accept the minutes.
- Jeff brought up making a donation to the families of the faculty members that have passed, Mirek Kocandrle, John McGann, and Paul Wagner. He will check into their wishes and bring it back to the committee.
- A faculty member made a request that we should call OSHA in regards to cancer in the Writing Division. It seems that Kari is looking into it, but if not, we need to make a formal request to management.
- A request has been made to reinstate the Chair evaluation forms, where faculty evaluate their chairs. Perhaps we can have an on-line version or encourage faculty to type their comments.
- Our final meeting with management will be May 3. We are going to bring back up the ramp concept for ADA compliance in 150: much more cost effective for the college and quicker.
- End of the year meeting including food will take place finals week, TBA.
- College policy on minimum population to keep the class running could be changing for the fall, pending classes for part-time classes are also happening for fall, both for the first time in the history of the college.
- NEASC – evaluation of courses within departments is taking place by faculty; part-time faculty should be paid for their time.
- Voice department - auditions are taking place during office hours and time off between classes. These should not be taking place during office hours, they are for students, and should not be taking place during a faculty members only hour off during the day: the contract states that a faculty member can not teach more than 4 hours without a break.
- We discussed the replacement for CampusCruiser: training on the new system should be paid for part-timers, or perhaps we can do the training in department meetings.