Present – Prince Charles Alexander, Rick Applin, Peter Cokkinias, Beth Denisch, Rich Grudzinski, Danny Harrington, Teodros Kiros, Dennis Cecere, Jeff Perry, Diane Richardson, Wendy Rolfe, Jackson Schultz, Will Silvio.
- Rick made a motion to accept the minutes from the previous meeting. Rich seconded and the vote was unanimous to accept the minutes.
- Jay Kennedy and Steven Riggs have been going to department meetings in 1140 to share their plans to renovate the bathrooms in 1140.
- We discussed a letter to Performance Division in support of re-instating the Instructor Initiated Withdrawal in the Ensemble Department.
- Jackson is making cookies for the Dec. 8th meeting; perhaps we will have special guests Charles Cassara and Mike Scott.
- We discussed the 403b conversion to Diversified Retirement Services from the Standard and TIAA-CREF. Diversified also handles the defined benefit pension plan. The college is looking for a record keeper with funds that are not proprietary to their company. The Berklee Retirement Committee selects the funds that are available for faculty to contribute to. The Standard will no longer be an option at the college; the money will be moved to Diversified. If you have TIAA-CREF, the option is yours to move your existing money but all NEW contributions will be made to Diversified. The college needs to communicate better with our members; we need them to share the correct information with regards to the how and why this change is taking place.
- There is a pending sexual harassment charge on a faculty member from a student. More information will follow. Jackson will be talking with Larry Simpson this afternoon.
- We discussed the concept of a party for faculty during BTOT.
- We discussed the position paper from last meeting. Teodros and Wendy have started and we need feedback on where we are and where we are headed with this concept. Jackson passed out the draft and we will e-mail him feedback.