Present – Rick Applin, Peggy Codding, Peter Cokkinias, Grudzinski, Danny Harrington, Jonathan Holland, Teodros Kiros, Dennis Cecere, Jeff Perry, Diane Richardson, Wendy Rolfe, Jackson Schultz, Will Silvio.
Guest - Charles Cassara.
- Rick made a motion to accept the minutes from the previous meetings. Peter seconded and the vote was unanimous to accept the minutes.
- Part-time faculty will be paid for the final week of the semester, even though finals week ends on Tuesday. Precedent has been set! Let’s disseminate this information through the department reps.
- The ensemble department has drafted a letter in support of re-instating the Instructor Initiated Withdrawal, due to the specific issues that face ensemble teachers, 43 faculty members signed the petition. We discussed the academic policy involved and possible Yeshiva issues. The union is in support of the initiative but we will check with our lawyer before writing a letter in support.
- Charles received the audit information and will be spending a lot of time with Jeff as the torch is finally passed, the LM2 will be published on-line by the accounting firm. The budget committee will meet to discuss the audit and set the new budget. All of the financial information will go into the fall newsletter.
- We discussed the voice department space issues and the bathrooms in the 1140 building. There are many issues to consider if management allocates all rooms all the time, performance faculty need to have offices in addition to teaching rooms. With all the space being occupied all the time, make-ups are next to impossible.
- We should craft a position paper outlining the issues of space and working conditions that affect our faculty with a vision for faculty and our future. Another possibility is getting the student government involved to share their perspective with management on space and overpopulation conditions. We will table this discussion until next week.