Present – Michael Abraham, Prince Charles Alexander, Dennis Cecere, Peggy Codding, Peter Cokkinias, Beth Denisch, Marti Epstein, Danny Harrington, Teodros Kiros, Jeff Perry, Jackson Schultz, Will Silvio and Jeri Sykes.
- Marti made a motion to accept the minutes from the previous meeting as amended. Danny seconded and the vote was unanimous to accept the minutes.
- The parking issue is very serious in general and now with the weather it is out of control. Two faculty members drove in yesterday, three hours one way, no parking on street or in garages, they had to drive home and cancel class. Flex spending for parking – pre-tax (Wage Works)?
- Jackson’s note to faculty regarding the changes to management/chair contracts will be going out very soon. Chairs always have the option to step down to faculty; it will be interesting to see how many step down in 2018 once the one-year contracts start.
- Benefits – we will discuss at the next Union/Management meeting. We discussed Tufts health insurance at length. There have been discrepancies in the billing itemization for Tufts. All faculty should review all bills.
- We discussed a situation with a faculty member and harassment with a student. We discussed the EthicsPoint Hotline as well as harassment in general at length.