Present – Michael Abraham, Prince Charles Alexander, Dennis Cecere, Peggy Codding, Marti Epstein, Rich Grudzinski, Danny Harrington, Margaret McAllister, Jeff Perry, Wendy Rolfe, Jackson Schultz, David Scott, Will Silvio and Jeri Sykes. Guest: Teodros Kiros
- Danny made a motion to accept the minutes from the previous meeting. Prince Charles seconded and the vote was unanimous to accept the minutes.
- Jackson – welcome back. The college won the appeal on the unfair labor charge; we discussed class cancelations and the issues of early cancelations.
- Equity policy – Title IX complaints have led to a new policy. The MOU and other contractual language are still in effect. Jackson will meet with Heidi, our lawyer, and will discuss this new policy.
- Congestion in 150 entering and leaving the building due to the construction, what about the possibility of opening the side door to the performance center?
- Transition of BoCo faculty into our community. A small meeting may be set-up with Jackson, Heidi, Larry, and Jim B. Our main goal is that no faculty from BoCo will lose money coming into our unit and no Berklee faculty should be affected adversely. Our plan is to use the same criteria from 1986 when our faculty joined the union and were given ranking, salary, and hourly wages. Musical Theater faculty at Berklee have issues with extra time put in, many hours. We need to organize our side of the street before we bring in their faculty. We discussed the merger at length.
- We need an information request about courses taught, salary, and overall hourly structure for BoCo faculty.