Present – Michael Abraham, Dennis Cecere, Peggy Codding, Peter Cokkinias, Beth Denisch, Marti Epstein, Rich Grudzinski, Danny Harrington, Teodros Kiros, Jeff Perry, Wendy Rolfe, Jackson Schultz, Will Silvio.
- Jackson opened the meeting. Welcome back. We discussed the letters that Jackson sent to all faculty. We had a meeting with Larry Simpson and management on September 5 to discuss the changes in Academic Affairs. Larry acknowledged communication was an issue and then management changed the entire department meeting structure without contacting us. We will be filing a ULP on the raising of class minimums and we may add the new department meeting structure. Another option is to grieve the new department structure. Clearly management is trying to save money on the backs of part-timers. We will not stand for this! We discussed sending a letter to the chairs but determined that was not the best action at this time. All part-timers should keep track of lost hours. Jackson is going to email all the department reps to discuss how the meetings are being handled and we will proceed with the ULP or a grievance.
- We discussed the courses that were cancelled before add/drop and looked at their population before they were cancelled. Management is not considering the students when they are making these decisions.
- Jackson made a motion to appoint David Scott to replace Diane Richardson as a councilor. Danny seconded and the vote was unanimous to appoint David Scott as councilor.
- We discussed the financial situation of the college, the high tuition, and the costs that management is trying to make up on the backs of part-timers.
- Jeff has started the process of the yearly independent audit with Barbara Cochrane of Joseph B. Cohan and Associates, PC, tentatively scheduled for October 29.