Present – Michael Abraham, Dennis Cecere, Peggy Codding, Peter Cokkinias, Beth Denisch, Rich Grudzinski, Teodros Kiros, Jeff Perry, Wendy Rolfe, Jackson Schultz, David Scott, Will Silvio.
- Jackson opened the meeting. David Scott was introduced as taking over for Diane Richardson. Beth called for a vote to approve last weeks minutes. Rich seconded the vote. The vote was unanimous.
- We discussed the election process and the credibility and mandate that an election would have going into bargaining next summer. We will get the process started for a spring election. We will talk
- We have filed two ULP charges on raising minimums and the department meeting structure. Our lawyer believes this is a good fight, she would not file if it were not. We discussed at length: the process and how we are moving forward.
- We discussed adding a question to the ballot regarding raising stipends for Councilors and Division Reps. We may just use an all-faculty meeting to address raising stipends.
- We discussed the Symphony garage closing and other possibilities for cheaper parking in the area.
- We will be meeting with Management today to discuss healthcare issues, the merging of the consortium and the possibilities.
- Cancelled classes due to low population has led to faculty members on a three year contract dropping below their designated hours. This will affect their 3-Year contract and benefits. It is possible to get the additional hours in the spring – 27 units for the year is what is needed. Management continues to hire new part time faculty members while part timers already here do not have full schedules. Let’s put this on the agenda for the next union/management meeting.