Present – Michael Abraham, Prince Charles Alexander, Dennis Cecere, Peggy Codding, Peter Cokkinias, Beth Denisch, Marti Epstein, Rich Grudzinski, Danny Harrington, Teodros Kiros, Jeff Perry, Diane Richardson, Wendy Rolfe, Jackson Schultz, Will Silvio.
- Danny made a motion to accept the minutes from the previous meeting. Rich seconded and the vote was unanimous to accept the minutes.
- Jackson opened the meeting and discussed the information request regarding cancelled classes, their populations when cancelled, and three-year contract implications. We discussed the affect on teacher’s schedules that have three-year contracts and how we can track and prevent the loss of them.
- Conventions – AFT in Chicago, March 30-April 2, 2012, and the AFTMA in Quincy, April 27 and 28. Danny, Rich, Michael, and Jackson are potential delegates for AFT national in Chicago, other delegates need to contact Will by Sunday. Wendy, Peter, Jeff, and Jackson are interested in AFTMA. We will be setting up a per diem – not an open checkbook!
- Part-time meeting. Wendy, VP of Part-time, would like to set-up a meeting for all part-time faculty on March 8. Part-time conversions will be one of the main topics; we have twelve before September 1, 2013.
- At the next Union / Management meeting we will discuss the 2.5 million shortfall in academic affairs, an update to ADA compliance in the 150 building, and part-time conversions.
- We discussed the Instructor Initiated Withdrawal of students from ensembles and private lessons and possibly bringing it back due to the nature of the ensemble experience, performance classes, and private lessons.