Present – Michael Abraham, Prince Charles Alexander, Dennis Cecere, Peggy Codding, Peter Cokkinias, Beth Denisch, Marti Epstein, Rich Grudzinski, Teodros Kiros, Wendy Rolfe, Jackson Schultz, and Will Silvio, Danny Harrington, Diane Richardson
Guest: Janet Chwalibog
- Jackson opened the meeting. Danny called for a vote to approve last weeks minutes. Marti seconded the vote. The vote was unanimous.
- Janet Chwalibog came to the meeting as a guest to discuss the recent changes to the Berklee health plan. Among the topics discussed were the increases in co-pays and deductibles for people on the PPO plan and reduction in payment to out of network providers. Jackson said the college would like everyone to be on the HMO vs. the PPO. Janet suggested that the Union email the faculty to find other issues that faculty are having with Berklee’s health plan.
- Newsletter – Jeff sent financial data to be published in the upcoming newsletter to Rich. Please have your articles done ASAP.
- Jackson will meet with Larry on March 1st to discuss the faculty initiated withdrawal policy for the ensemble department. Matt M. and Ron Savage with be in attendance.
- All faculty meeting – The Union will hold an all faculty meeting on Thursday March 8th from 1-2. The purpose of the meeting will be to approve the budget and approve the delegates being sent to the AFT-Mass convention in April. Room TBD.
- Higher Ed Conference – Jackson, Danny, Will and Rich will attend the AFT Higher Ed conference in Chicago March 29th through the 2nd of April.