Present – Michael Abraham, Rick Applin, Dennis Cecere, Peggy Codding, Peter Cokkinias, Rich Grudzinski, Marti Epstein, Danny Harrington, Jonathan Holland, Teodros Kiros, Jeff Perry, Wendy Rolfe, Jackson Schultz, David Scott, Will Silvio.
- Marti made a motion to accept the minutes from the previous meeting. Danny seconded and the vote was unanimous to accept the minutes.
- Jackson discussed the deposition for the ULP that we have filed on management. We have two currently filed: one on regarding the administration's raising the minimums for classes, and the other on the administration's new department meeting policies.
- Jackson had lunch with Roger on Wednesday and discussed several very important issues, including the recent ULP. Communication is the key as we move forward.
- We discussed the new department meeting policies.
- We put in an information request for all faculty teaching after 6 pm. If you were hired before 1996 you have to be asked to and agree in writing to teach after 6.
Article XXIV.B. Normal scheduled teaching hours commence at 9:00 a.m. and end at 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday inclusive.
A faculty member who commenced employment prior to November 4, 1996 may be assigned teaching hours different from the normal scheduled teaching hours upon mutual written agreement between the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and the faculty member.
- Roger has an open invitation out for lunch with interested faculty. There are two dates and we would like to have one or more members of the UEC to attend each lunch.
- We discussed the August 30 paycheck and the fact that other parts of the college did not skip a paycheck. At our October 4 Union/Managements meeting, Management claimed that in 2012, the staff and admin were paid pro-rated over 27 paychecks.
- The topic of on-line music instruction at other colleges was discussed. We will do more research. Berkleemusic will be offering degrees.
- Graduate classes and faculty issues were discussed. We have past history with the Boston Conservatory grad program in the late 90s. We will discuss this at the next union/management meeting.
- Bargaining Team – we will start to put together a team for next summer’s bargain.
- All-faculty meeting is scheduled for November 15.