Present – Dennis Cecere, Peter Cokkinias, Beth Denisch, Rich Grudzinski, Danny Harrington, Jonathan Holland, Teodros Kiros, Jeff Perry, Wendy Rolfe, Jackson Schultz, David Scott, Will Silvio.
- Danny made a motion to accept the minutes from the previous meeting. Rich seconded and the vote was unanimous to accept the minutes.
- Steve Prosser passed away yesterday; Jackson will write a letter to Kris Adams expressing our condolences.
- An update on the ULPs, Mike and Jackson will be deposed on Tuesday.
- November 8th or November 15th for a full faculty meeting. We should get a larger room, 1A, 1W, or DFRH.
- We discussed an instrumental breakdown of both the entering class and the entire college. We should send an information request to get this info for the last three years. A&I was supposed to deal with some of the instrumental issues, we should have Mark Campbell and Damien Bracken come to our next union/management meeting.
- We discussed the on-line on-campus courses and continuing the sub committee or discuss in our meetings. Dave Mash might be a good person to have come in. Berkleemusic is offering two degrees on-line. Dennis will contact Prince Charles to set-up additional meetings for the sub-committee. He real problem is that this is an unknown. We need to see what other institutions are doing and if Berklee is on par with what is out there. On-line students can create more revenue without needing the space. The on-line classes de-value faculty. Jonathan will check into other music schools to see what they are doing. We need to protect faculty that are not embracing all the newest technology in their classes. We need to development an argument about how our students learn and how we want to teach them. Contract language for the next bargain is one very important goal, economic, pedagogical,
- Faculty teaching after 6, we have several faculty that are teaching then and not have been asked. If you were hired before 1996 you must be asked in writing if you are willing to teach at those times. Senior faculty need to be protected, management is not taking care of them, these faculty should be involved with curriculum, a gift of resources for Emeritus faculty giving clinics, guest lectures, and sharing their gifts with students.
- Danny, Jackson, Wendy, Will, Peter, and Jeff will be getting together to discuss the union budget.