Present – Michael Abraham, Dennis Cecere, Peggy Codding, Peter Cokkinias, Marti Epstein, Rich Grudzinski, Danny Harrington, Jeff Perry, Wendy Rolfe, Jackson Schultz, David Scott, Will Silvio and Jeri Sykes.
- Danny made a motion to accept the minutes from the previous meetings. Peggy seconded and the vote was unanimous to accept the minutes.
- Danny gave a report on the conference he attended in NYC on Collective Bargaining in Higher Ed. at Hunter College. We should be attending this conference every year and maybe put together a presentation (perhaps something on the merger).
- Peggy and David gave reports on the AFT National conference that took place in Las Vegas last month.
- We have had 151 responses to the Chair evaluation survey so far. Perhaps we do the Deans next? Let’s explore the possibilities and put together specific questions: Marti, Jeri, Dennis, and Peggy.
- We discussed the Mass. sick leave law.
- The demand to bargain will be sent out by May 1 and we plan on starting full bargaining June 1 for the next contract.
- We discussed the possibility of putting a group together to analyze the college finances, perhaps a few members of the MB/M department with Dennis.
- Jackson is meeting with Larry today. Topics to include: bargaining this summer, merger committee, and meeting with the Board of Trustees again.
- Salary/wage renegotiation procedures have not been followed. Many faculty have not had meetings and were just given letters with the results.